In refrigeration applications, the quality of the end product is maintained by precisely controlling the temperature. However, the traditional technology requires compressor cycling and can lead to problems, including uneven cooling and reduced compressor life. That is why Emerson Climate Technologies developed the Copeland Discus DigitalTM compressor.
With the Copeland Discus Digital compressor, there is no compression taking place during the modulation off cycle; it allows the motor to move the crankshaft without any thermodynamic work, which in turn reduces power consumption up to 10%.
Copeland Discus Digital is the opportunity for wholesalers to retrofit rack and single compressor application with a new Discus Digital compressor or retrofit kit. Copeland Discus Digital is currently available in 3D with future plans to expand to other models.
About This Product
- Compressor modulation from 10% to 100%
- 10 base models (all 3D)
- 5-10 HP
- Minimum food temperature fluctuation resulting in longer shelf life and less food shrink
- Better and more consistent TXV operation
- Longer contactor life
- Longer compressor life
- Eliminates over/under shooting of suction pressure set point
- Potential to run system at higher suction pressure set point
- No need for uneven paralleling for compressor staging
- Using common compressor selections simplifies replacement needs
How To Sell
- More reliable than moduload
- Reduces compressor cycling
- Increases energy efficiency
- Precise temperature controls
- Reduced defrost times
Rack and single compressor operations