Flexible Gas Piping by OmegaFlex ®
When nature strikes—earthquakes, lightning—it can lead to deadly results. That is why corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) was developed to eliminate the danger of rigid gas piping. Twenty years ago, the American National Standards Institute published the first CSST product standard—ANSI LC-1. Since then, over 750 million feet of CSST has been installed in over five million homes in North America.
Unlike rigid pipe, TracPipe®Counterstrike® disperses electrical energy, and is listed by Factory Mutual for seismic resistance. Installed in tens of thousands of homes, TracPipe®Counterstrike® is the only lightning resistant CSST with the following level of proven performance:
- TracPipe®Counterstrike® disperses electrical energy, and is listed by Factory Mutual for seismic resistance. Installed in tens of thoTracPipe®Counterstrike® has been shown to be up to 400 times more resistant to the damaging effects of electrical energy than yellow CSST.
- Uses the same AutoFlare® fittings as standard TracPipe® CSST.
- The most complete range of CSST sizes (3/8″- 2″) available.
- No additional manufacturer bonding is required.
- Lays straighter and pulls easier than yellow CSST.
- The strength of TracPipe®Counterstrike® material makes it more crush resistant than competitive brands.
- TracPipe®Counterstrike® has larger pipe diameters compared to competitive brands. Installers save money by using a smaller size TracPipe®Counterstrike® (ie. 3/8″ TracPipe®Counterstrike® versus 1/2″ other brand).
- Listed to ANSI LC 1-2005, as well as Factory Mutual (FM) for seismic resistance and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for fire resistance.